Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Tap Dance Affair


 

The neighbours say I’m crazy

My mother says I’m hazy

But I haven’t a clue why

“Find your dream and make it come true”

Mama said

So I did

My dream is to teach a cockroach to tap dance

 

Why?

I have no idea

If humans have rhythm

Then so can cockroaches  

 

The first problem I face is shoes

Where to find shoes?

Let alone shoes that small?

 

How does one communicate with the roach?

Do I wave my arms about?

Or rather should talk to him keeping my voice quite low

 

Mother said I was delusional

And so did everyone else

If only they realized

Cockroaches are just like everybody else

They don’t bring harm

Look they even crawl up Mama’s arm!

 

Can’t you see it?

My name on a Broadway sign

But I can’t take all the credit

The talent isn’t even mine.

 

“Come one come all”

“To see the show”

“Just watch my dear cockroach”

“Go, go,go!”

No comments:

Post a Comment