Saturday, October 12, 2013

Milk Bottle

Carelessly I knocked over the milk bottle.

I can't help it 
Politics drive my passion

I rummaged for a dish towel 
And heard a loud crash 
Bottle.
Broken.

A large puddle of milk 
Perfectly round 
All over 
The newly mopped tile floor 

Great.

I pick up the shattered bottle
Up off the marble tiles 

Bells. I hear a bell 
What could that be?
Couldn't be the clock 

Hmm
How puzzling 
The mouth of the bottle
Broken.

Bells. Again 
This wasn't just any bell 
It was a 
Cow bell.

I place me ear to the jagged edge
Of the broken bottle 
The bell is louder 

The bottle rattles and
Hits the floor
It didn't shatter 

The bottle spins on its side
And out popped  
A cow

Puzzled I observe his big brown eyes
Mooo
He jumps over the spilt milk 
And out the open window 

Politics 
Always politics.



No comments:

Post a Comment